The 2016-17 futsal program at the Sanborn Regional High School gyms is available for any player who played travel level soccer, middle school soccer or high school soccer as well as recreational U8/U10/U12 players. We are actively seeking participation from girls and boys players from Fremont, Kingston and Newton and the Sanborn and Ellis schools for this program.
For the travel, U12 recreation, middle school, and high school level players futsal training will be scheduled to start on Sundays starting on Dec. 11th and run through late February. The schedule will be shared with all of the players who have signed up. The fee for travel, middle school and high school players is $35.
For the recreational U8 and U10 players, Futsal training will be on five Sundays in January: 8, 15, 22, 29 and Feb 5th. The fee for these players is $15.
Travel soccer coaches are encouraged to assist in the coaching and are asked to share this information with their teams. For more information, please contact Glenn Sabalewski (Sabalewski@comcast.net) or David Richard (DavidJRichard@comcast.net).
What is futsal?
Futsal is played between two teams of five players <we may play with less and no goalie>, one of which is the goalkeeper; in addition each team may have a number of substitutes. Unlike some other forms of indoor football, the field is delimited by lines and not nets or boards like you see in indoor soccer, which differs from futsal. The ball used tends to be heavier so promotes better ball control skills as well as passing on the floor. Furthermore the smaller area of play further forces players to improve their skills and decision making.
Are kids divided up be age group in this program?
What are the dates the program will be held?
The planned dates are all Sundays: Dec. 11 and 18; Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29 and Feb. 5, 12, 19 and 26. All sessions will be in the Sanborn Regional High School gyms.
What time will futsal be played on Sundays and how long is each session?
U10 travel up through middle school will play 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. High school will play 1 to 2:30 p.m.)
FOR U8 and U10 RECREATION: 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Sundays, Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29 and Feb. 5
What commitment level for this futsal program?
That is up to you. We do not form permanent teams, so each athlete is attending for fun and their own development, not because a team is depending on them. It is OK to sign up and play even if you can't attend every week. We hope players will come every week, but we understand that won't always be the case. We want to be here for kids to play as much as you can.
What we will be doing at futsal
- Sessions will be set up based on travel levels, for example, U10 and U11 may be combined for a training sessions
- Players must start at their appropriate level, which is the travel team they played on in the Fall 2015. Coaches may allow players to "play up" age groups by invitation only.
- Players arrive prepared to play – indoor shoes, no cleats, no shin pads, and plenty of water. When it is wet outside, please change into your indoor shoes after entering the school. We want to keep the gym floor as dry as possible.
- Coaches will create teams based on the players who attend, and may also change during the session.
- Teams and training will be coed.
- Teams will be given training bibs to wear during the training session for designation of their team.
- The focus is - Ball control, individual ball moves, first touch, and passing, movement on and off the ball. The focus is not winning.
- No shin pads are worn to keep the play from getting too physical.
- Players should dress in soccer attire (shorts, short sleeve shirts, and no spaghetti straps shirts)
We will again use the gym at Sanborn Regional High School in Kingston.
1. We will be using portable 4’x6’ goals. These goals belong to the high school and the athletic director allows us to use them.
2. We may also have another game set up that will use Pugg goals. This will continue to work on accuracy and finesse of the ball.
Please take a moment now to print the signup form, fill it out and send it in with a check made out to FAA (Fremont Athletic Association). Again, this year’s cost has stayed the same as last year and is $35 for the travel, middle school and high school level player. The cost for the recreational U8 or U10 recreational level player is $15. Please send the form and check to the FAA (FAA, PO Box 106, Fremont, NH 03044).
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Sabalewski@comcast.net or 603-244-0074
DavidJRichard@comcast.net or 603-969-4049